The Gender Toolbox highlights areas where we see a need for thematic method support and guidance. It is not only useful for Sida staff but also for our partners and other stakeholders.
The Gender Tool Box includes three different kinds of materials: Tools, Briefs and Thematic Overviews. The development context is constantly changing, and new priorities arise. Look out for new briefs, tools and thematic overviews as we update the Gender Tool Box.
The Tools are meant to facilitate the implementation of gender equality in concrete work:
The Briefs highlight areas of special interest for gender in development cooperation:
- Gender and Educational attainment
- Gender and Corruption
- Gender and Environment
- Gender and ICT
- Gender, Equality and Trade
- Gender-based Violence and Education
- Gender, Urban Infrastructure and International Finance Institutions
- Gender and Social Protection
- Gender-Based Violence Online
- Gender equality and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Women, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Women and Land Rights
- Women and Food Security
- Women, Peace and Security
- Hot Issue: Women's Organisations and the Engagement of Men
- Hot Issue: Gender Equality and Gender Equity
The Thematic Overviews go deeper and elaborate on areas of particular priority.