Foto: Ola Lundberg
Spotlight on Ukraine: how will the crisis effect cooperation and influence its neighbours?
The seminar was webcasted live, but the intended on-demand video will unfortunately not be available due to technical problems.
In this seminar we will discuss the current developments in the Eastern partnership countries. For example: Which roles do Russia and EU have –and what implications does the current situation have for the Eastern partnership cooperation? What are the trends in the different countries of Eastern partnership – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine? Which are the economic and political consequences? What role has the civil society – at present and in the future? And what does Sida do?
The purpose of the event is to acquire an in-depth understanding of underlying influences and consequences.
Date: March 18th 2014
Time: 13.30 – 15.00 (Registration from 13.00)
Venue: Sida, Valhallavägen 199, Stockholm (Auditorium)
Free of charge
Registration is still open here.
Moderator: Susanna Wasielewski Ahlfors
13.30 Introduction and presentation; What does Sida do?
Charlotte Petri Gornitzka, Director General, Sida
13.40 What implications does the current situation have on the Eastern European Countries? Martin Hagström, Swedish Ambassador for the Eastern Partnership
13.50 Is Europe losing its East? Adjusting EU engagement with Eastern neighbors. Joerg Forbrig, Senior Program Officer, Central and Eastern Europe, German Marshall Fund of the United States
14.00 Economic development and influences of the Eastern region of Russia and EU. Torbjörn Becker, Director of the Stockholm Institute for Transition
14.10 Panel discussion
- Martin Hagström, Swedish Ambassador for the Eastern Partnership
- Torbjörn Becker, Director of the Stockholm Institute for Transition Economics
- Ivan Vejvoda, senior vice president for Programs, German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Pavol Demes, senior transatlantic fellow, German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Joerg Forbrig, Senior Program Officer, German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Elsa Håstad, Director for the Department Europe and Latin America, Sida
14.50 Concluding remarks