Research calls and grants
Many of our cooperation partners regularly announce research calls and grants with support from Sida.
Please note that this list is far from exhaustive.
- Call for papers to the conference "Implementing the Sustainable Development Goals: What role for Social and Solidarity Economy?" organized by United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) in Geneva, Switzerland, April 2019.
Deadline for abstract submission: Midnight CEST on 2 August 2018.
The Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) runs a number of fellowships and grants programs with support from Sida. These offer opportunities for junior and senior social scientists in the Arab region, encouraging the production of independent, high-quality research.
- The Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research (AHPSR, hosted by WHO) issues calls for research proposals and bids on a regular basis targeted towards institutions from low- and middle-income countries.
- The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) funds research for prevention and treatment of poverty-related infectious diseases in sub-Saharan Africa and regularly announces calls for proposals and nomination for prizes.
- Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme at UNU-WIDER (United Nations University World Institute for Development Economics Research in Helsinki, Finland.
- Small AuthorAID grants through our cooperation partner INASP (International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications), including list of other sources of funding.
Our partner in science communication Science and Development Network (SciDev.Net) has a regularly updated noticeboard with science and development related jobs, events, announcements and grants.