Research calls and grants
Many of our cooperation partners regularly announce research calls and grants with support from Sida.
Please note that this list is far from exhaustive. Don't hesitate to contact us if you know of calls and grants that should be announced here.
- Call for paper proposals to the "Rethinking development" research conference in Gothenburg, Sweden, August 22-23, 2018. Sida offers a limited number of travel grants for researchers from low-income countries (primarily following the DAC list of low-income countries + Bolivia) whom have had their abstracts accepted for the conference. Deadline February 23, 2018.
- Call for applications to Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) PhD Fellowships 2018/2019. Doctoral training program in public and population health open to staff of participating African universities and researh institutions. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Deadline April 15, 2018.
- The Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research (AHPSR, hosted by WHO) issues calls for research proposals and bids on a regular basis targeted towards institutions from low- and middle-income countries.
- The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) funds research for prevention and treatment of poverty-related infectious diseases in sub-Saharan Africa and regularly announces calls for proposals and nomination for prizes.
- Research environment grant within Migration and Integration, from the Swedish Research Council. (The applicant should be researcher in Sweden in national/international cooperation.) Deadline April 10, 2018.
Our partner in science communication Science and Development Network (SciDev.Net) has a regularly updated noticeboard with science and development related jobs, events, announcements and grants.