Research calls and grants
Many of our cooperation partners regularly announce research calls and grants with support from Sida.
Please note that this list is far from exhaustive. Don't hesitate to contact us if you know of calls and grants that should be announced here.
- Call for Proposals: Research Training Partnership Programme - Rwanda
Sida is announcing a call for proposals for 5-year partnerships between University of Rwanda (UR) and Swedish universities for strengthening institutional research capacity at the University of Rwanda.
Grant period: July 2019 – June 2024
Call deadline: 29 June 2018
- Call for project proposals on Sustainability and resilience – Tackling consequences of climate and environmental changes. At least one researcher from a low income or lower middle income country and at least one young Swedish researcher should be included in the collaborative project. The grant is co-funded by the Swedish Research Council, Formas, Forte and Sida. Deadline: 8 May 2018.
- Call for applications to Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) PhD Fellowships 2018/2019. Doctoral training program in public and population health open to staff of participating African universities and researh institutions. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Deadline: 15 April 2018.
- Call for pre-proposals: Pathways towards Sustainable African Urban Development, from collaborative research projects across Africa to receive funding from the International Council for Science (ICSU), in partnership with the Network of African Science Academies (NASAC) and the International Social Science Council (ISSC) for research that will explore integrated approaches for sustainable urban development in Africa. Deadline: 14 May 2018
- Call for papers for international conference with United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD): Overcoming Inequalities in a Fractured World: Between Elite Power and Social Mobilization.
Abstract deadline: 20 April 2018
The Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) runs a number of fellowships and grants programs with support from Sida. These offer opportunities for junior and senior social scientists in the Arab region, encouraging the production of independent, high-quality research.
- The Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research (AHPSR, hosted by WHO) issues calls for research proposals and bids on a regular basis targeted towards institutions from low- and middle-income countries.
- The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) funds research for prevention and treatment of poverty-related infectious diseases in sub-Saharan Africa and regularly announces calls for proposals and nomination for prizes.
- Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme at UNU-WIDER (United Nations University World Institute for Development Economics Research in Helsinki, Finland.
Our partner in science communication Science and Development Network (SciDev.Net) has a regularly updated noticeboard with science and development related jobs, events, announcements and grants.