UAPS enters the 21st Century - Final Report from Assessment
Bertil Egerö, Department for Research Cooperation
Serier Sida EvaluationDescription:
Sida Evaluation 02/24 / The Union for African Population Studies, UAPS, is the only pan-African organisation that address population/development issues from the perspectives of social science. It was created in 1985, and took
off under a new leadership in connection with the Second African Population Conference in Dakar 1988. Modelled upon the international Demographers Union IUSSP, UAPS builds on individual membership and engagement across a wide range of professions and interests. Organisations can be affiliated.
UAPS has defined five fields of activity, to which its resources and organisation should be directed:
- Research (small grants, thematic research networks, bibliographical work);
- Training (esp. in research methodology);
- Information (publications, dissemination workshops, conference monitoring, documentation centre);
- Technical assistance/co-operation (in the elaboration on or implementation of research findings);
- Advocacy (sensitisation of decision-makers and opinion-leaders).
- Download: UAPS enters the 21st Century - Final Report from Assessment
- Filesize: 249,07 KB