Who is eligible?
Sida's training programmes are designed for experienced executives in middle and top management positions in their respective organisations and are open to candidates from most low and middle income countries.
If you are interested in applying for a training programme, it is recommended that you take part of the detailed information in the programme brochure for that particular programme which you can find in the ITP catalogue. The brochure lists the eligible countries and gives a more specific description of the candidate profile for that particular training programme.
Minimum qualifications for all training programmes are a university degree and relevant work experience. Each participant must also:
- Be qualified to participate in reform processes in their home organisation.
- Have a position with mandate to run processes of change.
- Be nominated by an appropriate authority or organisation in accordance with national regulations.
- For programmes in English: possess a high level of proficiency, both written and spoken.
- Submit statement of good health.
As a participant, you are required to attend all phases of the programme and should expect an extra workload from time to time.
Organisations, institutions, corporations and authorities from both the public and private sectors are welcome to nominate candidates. Our aim is an equal gender representation and the underrepresented gender is especially encouraged to apply. Applications can be both individual or in teams.